Cornwall Pt. I

In August, I called my dear friend Marcin who resides in Wales. We originally planned to go Snowdonia to climb the highest mountain in North Wales. However the planning didn’t go to plan so we had to research and research but still none of us could find anything exciting to do and on a budget. As you know travelling in the UK costs more than a return flight to Berlin, Madrid or even Poland (sigh***).

After a long day at work, the thought of any future opportunity to travel and do something meaningful to get in touch with Nature was becoming more and more apparent. I recalled that a few months ago I asked my friend artist Leon if he was up for a trip to Cornwall. We both gave up as the trip again, by train and public transport from London, would have cost us more than flying to Morocco.

I quickly got on the phone to Marcin and suggested the idea to him. All we would need to do would be to split the petrol money into two and just jump to the opportunity. Marcin with his thirst for adventure came back to me a few days later with a “Yes”.

Thrilled! I bought my coach ticket to go to Wales for a week.

3 weeks Later…..

I arrived in Wales. I spent the first few days with my family and my grandmother who came to visit from Mauritius.

I called Marcin again and I told him that I wanted to be there for the sunrise so we had to wake up around 2am or 3am and hit the road. He told me I was crazy but agreed as his thirst for adventure overcame his rationale haha.

My brother dropped me to Marcin’s place the evening before around 6pm so I could sleep over thus not wasting time, the sun was beaming and Marcin took me to Asda so we can buy some stuff to make homemade pizzas.




Marcin introduced me to some yoga excercise and then I went to bed. 3 hours later we woke up and started getting ready.

We packed everything in the car and checked the weather once again but unfortunately there was disappointing news; there was heavy rain all morning but this didn’t stop and I am glad it never did!




img680 img681



Once again Marcin killed me with 3 hours of Polish Hip Hop! We stopped at the petrol station to get some petrol as we were so knackered from the lack of sleep. The weather was so bad on the way we had to drive very slow as the rain was hardcore.

We finally arrived in Cornwall after 3 hours and a half and half alive.


Author: Nadeem Karim

| London / Paris Photographer - Mu'min |

2 thoughts on “Cornwall Pt. I”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s